1. Bake the scampi in the oven according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile slice and butter the bread.
3. Make the mayonnaise by finely chopping one of the gherkins and combining with the capers, half the lemon juice, half the chopped herbs and seasoning.
4. Spread the mayonnaise over the bread.
5. Slice the rest of the gherkins and lay on one slice of the bread. Top with the hot scampi, a squeeze of lemon juice, the salad leaves and remaining herbs.
6. Add the second slice of bread, slice in half and enjoy.