1. Add the yeast to the water and dissolve.
2. Separate the egg and keep the yolk to brush the bagels later.
3. Mix all the ingredients together to form a dough, knead the dough for around ten minutes until smooth and stretchy.
4. Leave the dough to rest for ten minutes.
5. Weigh the dough into 135g pieces, round and rest for ten minutes then roll out to 28cm sausage and form into a circle.
6. Place into a pan of boiling water for thirty seconds, remove onto a baking sheet and glaze with the egg yolk.
7. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and then bake for twenty minutes in your oven at 200°C.